Friday, March 13, 2009

Sadness.

Today I found out my old dog, Shaka, has a massive tumor in his abdomen. This tumor, the vet claims, is most likely cancerous and has numerous pockets of blood throughout. It hasn't quite hit his lungs yet, but it's already crushing his spleen.

Needless to say, my dog is dying.


In fact, he is being put to sleep tomorrow at noon before this tumor either ruptures or suffocates him by crushing his lungs.

Shaka is almost 15 years old and i am so thankful I got to spend so much time with him. Unfortunately, this fortune doesn't help the pain of knowing my dog will no longer greet me with a wagging tail when I go to my parents' house for lunch or bark at my car until he realizes it's just me.


My heart is literally breaking.




I love you Shaka. I already miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment